I will Shine Day & Night as a Living Beacon of Light
Definitions & Principles of Spiritualism
Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
Spiritualism is a Science because it investigates, analyzes and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the spirit side of life.
Spiritualism is a Philosophy because it studies the Laws of Nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life and bases its conclusions upon present observed facts. It accepts statements of observed facts of past ages and conclusions drawn there from, when sustained by reason and by results of observed facts of the present day.
Spiritualism is a Religion because it strives to understand and to comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature, which are the laws of God.
A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of mediumship, and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication.
A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through one’s own inherent powers or through mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.
The Phenomena of Spiritualism consists of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Gift of Tongues, Laying on of Hands, Healing, Visions, Trance, Apports, Levitation, Raps, Automatic and Independent Writings and Paintings, Voice, Materialization, Photography, Psychometry, and any other manifestation proving the continuity of life as demonstrated through the physical and Spiritual sense and faculties of humanity.
-Definitions taken from the NSAC Spiritualist Manual
NSAC Spiritualist Principles
Principles 1-6, Chicago Illinois, 1899
Principles 7-8, Rochester, New York, 1909
Principle 9, St. Louis, Missouri, 1944
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul, here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
Children's Version or Simplified Version of the Declaration of Principles:
1. We believe in God.
2. We believe that God is expressed through all Nature.
3. True religion is living in obedience to Nature's Laws.
4. We never die.
5. Spiritualism proves that we can talk with people in the Spirit World.
6. Be kind, do good, and others will do likewise.
7. We bring unhappiness to ourselves by the errors that we make and we will be happy if we obey the laws of life.
8. Everyday is a new beginning.
9. Prophecy and Healing are expressions of God.
Copyright 2011-Current (c) Beacon of Light Centre & 1BeaconofLight.com